One Day Academy aspires to
• Shepherd students toward adult righteousness
• Foster healthy, enjoyable relationships between adults and students
• Forge a community defined by grace and known for its long-suffering
• Honor our families’ trust and protect the sanctity of the homeschooling lifestyle.
One Day Academy recognizes that
• some students will choose not to respect the campuses, guidelines and boundaries of One Day Academy
How blessed is the man…
How blessed is the man who does not walk in the counsel of the wicked, nor stand in the path of sinners, nor sit in the seat of scoffers.
…who does not walk in the counsel of the wicked…
When the severity of an incident warrants immediate expulsion, One Day Academy reserves the right to terminate a student without recourse. Such causes include, but are not limited to, bringing or selling illegal substances on campus, verbally or physically assaulting a student or teacher, and bringing a weapon onto campus. Such causes also include blatantly rebellious actions which would cause harm to themselves or others.
…nor stand in the path of sinners…
When a student repeatedly defies the expectations of One Day Academy, the following steps are implemented.
Minor classroom incidents occur frequently. In these cases, the teacher often handles them directly, not directly involving One Day Academy staff. However, when an incident is serious enough to warrant the attention of the campus manager or supervisor, or if a student persistently requires correction regarding minor incidents, four things will occur:
• The student will be issued a First Warning.
• The event will be recorded in the event log, kept at the main desk at all times.
• The student will be noted on the student status file, also kept at the front desk.
• The campus supervisor will contact the parent to discuss the event. At this point, no other significant action will be taken.
If a student is involved in a second significant event in any one academic year or a third such event over the student’s career at One Day Academy, four things will occur:
• The student will be issued a Second Warning.
• The event will be recorded in the event log.
• The student and a parent will meet with two or more One Day Academy personnel.
• The student’s status will be changed from "Has Been Warned" to "Has Been Called Out".
At this point, the student will be questioned regarding personal desire to be at One Day Academy and must demonstrate a clear understanding of the expectations.
If a student is involved in a third significant event in any one academic year or a fourth such event over the student’s career at One Day Academy, One Day Academy will immediately begin the process for dismissal. The process may be interrupted by the Head Supervisor, but only at the request of the parents and only upon recognition of unusual, influencing circumstances.
…nor sit in the seat of scoffers.
When a student scoffs at God, righteousness, innocence, authority, or calling, it hurts a community. One Day Academy will note any student who is prone to such behavior and attitude. Campus personnel will talk with such students, with the goal of encouraging honor, purpose, and respect in their attitude and behavior. If a student persists in such behavior and attitudes, One Day Academy will contact the parents to resolve the situation. Scoffing attitudes easily affect many, and will not be allowed to persist on campus for extended periods of time.
Once a student has been dismissed for any reason, the parents may request reinstatement. Any request of this nature will be brought before the Board of Directors of One Day Academy.
If a student is reinstated, he or she will remain on the highest level of warning for the duration of his or her involvement with One Day Academy.